Our church hall is available for hire by community groups and for private functions. As well as frequent use by church groups, our regular users include the local Girl Guides, Bridge Club, and exercise classes. It is also suitable for talks, meetings, receptions, and parties.
It has its own separate entrance, but can also be accessed directly from the church.
- For single occasion or regular hire
- Seats up to 80 people comfortably
- Fully equipped kitchen refurbished in 2017
- Ramped entrance and disabled toilet
Our church, constructed to the design of Sir Arthur Blomfield and consecrated in 1890, makes a wonderful venue for concerts both in terms of size and acoustic. We have a two manual pipe organ which underwent a complete refurbishment by Griffiths Cooper in 2010, and since then has been regularly maintained by Griffiths & Co. Thanks to a generous donation, we also have a baby grand piano by the piano maker Venables & Son.
We hold a regular concert series in the church. Recent concerts include vocal and instrumental recitals, and large scale choral works with Botley, Southampton and Sarisbury Choral Societies. We also hold come-
Hire rates and conditions
Hire rates for 2019 are:
- One off letting: £20 per hour
- Regular users: £16 per hour
- Charities: £10 per hour
- Kitchen surcharge: £15 per event
- Other Concessionary Rates may be available, please contact us for details
Church concerts –
church hire only
- Registered charities: £140 for up to 8 hours’ hire (to include time for set up and rehearsals on event date)
- Non charity / commercial hire: £300 for up to 8 hours’ hire (to include time for set up and rehearsals on event date)
- Additional time for set up and rehearsals: £20 per hour
Church and hall
- Registered charities: £180 for up to 8 hours’ hire (to include time for set up and rehearsals on event date)
Both church and hall hires are subject to availability, receipt of payment in accordance with our invoice, and agreement to our standard hire terms.
Amplified music may not be used in the hall.
Please contact Margaret Baker (Hall Manager) directly on 023 8047 6163 for hall hire, or email the Parish Administrator at email@example.com for all other hirings.